Why British Columbia?
Five great reasons to choose British Columbia for your next clinical trial
British Columbia has a wealth of systems and resources to enable a strong clinical research environment. Established assets include:
- A provincial healthcare system with regional acute and community health care facilities
- Strong academic and research institutions, including a provincial medical school
- World-class genome sciences and proteomics capabilities
- Clinical trial support units, imaging and laboratory services, technology and informatics platforms and organizations providing clinical research services
- Particular strengths in trials for cancer, cardiology, HIV, infectious and communicable diseases, MS and GI disorders
- Provincial organizations enabling clinical research, including Clinical Trials BC, Lifesciences BC, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, Genome BC
- A provincial Quality Management System for use by all British Columbia’s high activity research-intensive institutions
- A government-led provincial health data platform to support cross organization research/analytics
- Leading edge knowledge and practice around patient-oriented research
- A federally funded, BC-led digital technology supercluster to capitalize on BC’s expertise in data gathering and quantum computing, including a Health and Genomics Platform
Vibrant life sciences environment
Clinical Research in BC
- Over 1300 Active trials
- Over 600 Investigators
- Over 100 sites
Canada ranks 4th globally in the number of clinical trial sites. Learn more here
- British Columbia’s deep pool of talent is matched by an ability to raise funds: Between 2001 and 2012, $1.8 billion was invested in the life science sector and an additional $1 billion secured for future research.
- Bring your business to British Columbia. You and your employees will benefit from one of the lowest corporate income tax rates among G7 nations and the lowest provincial personal income taxes in Canada for individuals earning up to $121,000.